This policy applies to:
• any use of this website: www.enfortis.co.uk, or
• those members of the public who may have been issued with a Fixed Penalty Notice
on behalf of a relevant Local Authority, or
• any member of the public who may feel affected by our use of CCTV.
Enfortis Limited are committed to respecting the rights of the public and operating in absolute
compliance with data protection laws.
Enfortis Limited are the controller for any information provided via our contact us facilities, or
otherwise obtained and processed by us for a purpose that we determine.
The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest (Article 6 (1) (f) of the UK GPDR),
specifically to understand and respond to queries or improve the performance of our website.
Enfortis Limited also process personal information as a data processor acting on the written
instructions of other relevant data controllers. In each case, the controller is the relevant
Local Authority or landowner.
fair processing notices of each individual controller. Separate policies are required to
facilitate each controller setting their own unique approach to the enforcement data
processing we conduct on their behalf.
In addition, penalty notices mailed to recipients carry information about how to find out about the specific data processing activity and a unique web address is provided, dedicated to that enforcement service.
How do we obtain ‘Personal Data’?
• We collect information from you directly if you contact us.
• We operate CCTV to record Environmental Crime hotspots.
• Registered keeper details of those vehicles used in the commission of offences, are
What we do with personal data (purpose of the processing)?
• We provide a service assisting with the prevention, investigation, detection, and
enforcement of specified offences. Each service is subject to a legally binding
contract, Data Protection Impact Assessment and Data Sharing Agreement.
• We monitor CCTV recordings to identify Environmental Crimes in action and capture
vehicle registration marks of relevant vehicles.
• We obtain details of the registered keeper from DVLA.
• We merge both sets of information to create and administer a fixed penalty notice.
Do we share this personal data?
Do we use data processors?
Yes, we use data processors who are third parties who provide services to us. We have
contracts in place with each of our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything
with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it.
They will not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and
retain it for the period we instruct.
At the time of publishing this notice, Enfortis Limited process personal information using the
following data processors:
• Microsoft.com – we use Microsoft as a computing software provider.
• DataTank.co.uk – we use DataTank as a computing software provider.
• AWS.amazon.com – we use AWS as a cloud storage provider.
• KeyIVR.co.uk – we use mysecurepay.co.uk provided by KeyIVR to process payments
of Fixed Penalty Notices
Do we set cookies on user devices?
We use only necessary cookies to make our site work. Necessary cookies enable core
functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. You may disable
these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.
We’d like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us to improve our website by collecting and
reporting information on how visitors interact with the website. Google Analytics collect
information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. For more information on how
these cookies work and a comprehensive list of them, please see our ‘Cookies page’.
How long do we retain personal data?
Enfortis Limited will process personal data during the duration of the contract with the Local
Authority and will continue to store only the personal data needed.
• Environmental enforcement case management system – 7 years or to the end of the
contract at which point the data is returned to the Data Controller/Local Authority
(unless the FPN is cancelled or withdrawn in which case the personal information will
be deleted after 6 months).
• CCTV Footage – If not specifically required to support the investigation and
enforcement of specified offences (no evidential value) will be deleted within 10 days.
Your rights as a data subject
• Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold
• Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten – you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from
• Right to restriction of processing – you can ask that we restrict the processing.
• Right of portability – you can ask us to transfer your information to another
• Right to object – you can inform us that you object to the processing.
How you can exercise these rights?
The easiest way for you to exercise these rights is to write to us or email us at:
We may require you to verify your identity, this could be achieved by providing a copy of a
national ID card, driving license, passport, birth certificate or a utility bill not older than three
months. We will not store a lasting copy of any such ID verification.
Your right to complain
If you are concerned or dissatisfied with how we process your personal data, and you have
not had a response from us within 1 month, you can complain to the UK Data Protection
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone 0303 123 1113
Or visit website ico.org.uk
Changes to our policy
We keep our privacy notice under regular review, and we will make new versions available on our
privacy notice page on our website.